- Official name of the country is Union of Republic of Myanmar, which is composed by states, divisions, townships and villages.
- Myanmar people don't have sir name or family name. We have only our individual name. We don't need to put father's name in front or behind of our name. Women don't need to change or put their husband name after their after their marriage.
- Official language is Myanmar. English is used as a second language especially in private business sectors. People at the touristic places can be communicable in English.
- Business hours is from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm for government sectors and 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for private sectors. Working days are from Monday to Friday except that some private companies work half day on Saturday.
- Country code is +95
- There are three telecommunication systems in the country: Myanmar Post and Telecommunication, Telenor and Oredoo.
- Internet connection is available in cities, towns and limited number of villages.
- Electricity volt is 200 Volts Ac, 50 Hz with 2 and 3 pins round shape and 2 pins flat shape, recommended to bring internationally suitable adaptor.
- International SOS has had operations in Myanmar since 1987 and opened its first Clinic and Alarm Center in Yangon in August 1995.
Myanmar International SOS Limited
The New World Inya Lake Hotel
37 Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
Clinic Tel: (95) (1) 667 879
Clinic Fax: (95) (1) 667 866
Alarm Tel:(95) (1) 667 877
Alarm Fax:(95) (1) 667 866